My kids do love bugs! We found a worm while cleaning up at church last weekend and the kids were ecstatic. The next day we went to my nephew’s birthday party and my Ayla won a bug box, YIPPEE! We have collected grass, rocks, sticks, and dirt, but no bugs just yet… believe me we are trying. Here are some bug activities.
* Go outside with a magnifying glass and see what bugs you can find.
* Paint rocks to look like a ladybug or many to look like a caterpillar.
* Place fake bugs in the sandbox and have your child search for them.
* Start a bug book by taking a picture of the bugs you find and researching about them.
* Set out a paper plate filled with a tiny amount of a variety of foods, watch the ants come and gather the food…which one did they like best?
* Make a dirt cup with crushed oreos, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and gummy worms inside
* Create your own imaginary bug, how many legs, arms, eyes, will it fly? What will you name it?