Mother’s Day is coming up, so here are some ideas to make for grandma or even for yourself!
* Interview about Mom: This could be made into a book or poem, something simple. Examples might include: My mom likes, My mom is, My mom does, My mom wears, My mom enjoys, My mom laughs when, My mom is silly when, My mom doesn’t enjoy, etc. It is pretty funny to hear what they think of you!
* Make a homemade treat, such as cookies or breads and have the kids help. You could even put together a cookbook of your kids making your mom’s, or MIL, favorite family recipes, be sure to include a picture.
* We have made picture flowers in the past. Simply cut out a flower design (I traced a cookie cutter we had), attach it to a pipecleaner, for the stem, and put a small picture of your child’s face in the middle of the flower. These are great they keep forever, and grandmas LOVE them!
* My kids have also made aprons for their grandma’s. Get a plain apron (Michael’s, Hobby Lobby, or Wal-Mart), paint the kids hands as flowers, have them draw stems, and add ladybug fingerprints around the side. (This is what my kids are making for me this year!)
* Familyfun.com also has a you and me book that I love! It is basically a book that is about your child and the recipient: I have blue eyes, You have green eyes. I like soccer, You like football, etc. The kids draw pictures on each page. I think that is super cute…I will be using this idea in the future.
* We have also given the ladies in our family magnets of our kids. Since we live far away, they can have them on the fridge instead of regular magnets and see their grandkids each day! Just cut out pictures and add magnetic tape to the back.
What are you making for Mother’s Day? Happy Creating!