Count Down to Valentine’s Day
I love count down calendars…Christmas, birthday, first day of school, Valentines Day! We are making a count down calendar starting for the first day of February. I decided to incorporate Christ and His deep love for us in the count down by adding love scriptures to the calendar along with a fun activity, game, craft.
Here is what we did:
1. Cut strips of red, pink and white paper
2. Write or type and paste scripture on the inside of the ring and the activity/craft/game on the outside.
3. Tear one off each day beginning with February 1st!
Here are some ideas:
*Make a large heart shaped cookie, or small cookies with icing.
*See who can make the biggest stack of conversation heart candies in 1 minute
* Make a Valentine’s for family members
* Hide the heart. Use a cut out heart and hide it around the house, give the kids clues to find it.
* Craft: conversation heart wreath. Cut out pink, purple, red and white hearts. Have the kids write Love Bug, XOXO, and other love phrases on the hearts. Glue onto a cardboard circle.
* Treasure Hunt: Roll up small items in crate paper, like a pack of gum, stickers, etc. Let your child unroll the crate paper ball to find the treasure.
* Go to the library and check out Valentine’s Day books
Have fun spending time with the little one’s you love!