100 Days of School
Last week my son celebrated being in kindergarten 100 days! As a former kindergarten teacher, I know how exciting this is. The kids and I decided to do some activities revolving around this. Here is what we did.
* How far can you run (how many hops, jumps, etc.) in 100 seconds? My son made it down our block and back again.
* Make 100 snack. 10 groups of ten we like raisins, chocolate chips, cereal, pretzels, cheese crackers, peanuts, M&M’s, oyster crackers, etc.
* What will you look like in 100 years? Apparently my son had already done this in class so Ayla made her picture.
* If 100 balloons came over our house and popped open, what do you hope would be inside? Fun to talk about or make a book about.
* If you had $100 what would you buy? Our house would have more Lego’s and Barbies.
* My son’s class also collected (over) 100 canned goods to donate to a local food bank (our church!) Great way to give back.
This is a great way to incorporate math, counting, and learning in a fun everyday way. Happy learning!