Family Game Night
We love games in our house! Board games are fun, but lately we have been trying to create some new game ideas for our family game nights. Here are some of our favorites.
* Ping Pong ball toss: Get 5 plastic cups and set them on a table. See if you can bounce the ping pong ball into the cup.
* Animal charades: We usually start out with animals and end up with something totally off the radar like a princess tower. It is a lot of fun and the kids enjoy me rolling on the ground like a pig in the mud!
* Guess who I am. Dress up as a character from a book, a superhero, etc. and have everyone guess who you are.
* Balloon basketball. We invented this one night after getting a balloon from a birthday party. Each team has a spot they have to score on (ours are our two doors). You score by touching your balloon on the door. The other team tries to stop you. This is actually a really good workout and fun.
* Pillow Fight, always fun until someone gets hurt. I recommend wrestling mats under a rug if you have hard wood floors.
* Ping Pong ball tag: I used to play this when I was little with my Dad. Like regular tag only you have to get the person by throwing the ping pong ball at them.
* Dance Contest: Select some music and have everyone face on if a dance competition.
* Getting Dressed: Pull out snow pants, Dad’s boots, a large hat, etc. and have a race to see who can get dressed the fastest.