All That Candy
I thought Halloween was crazy, but Easter turned out to be just as bad with the candy. Our kids are loving it, but I have been trying to get rid of it and use it up. Here are some ideas to do with your candy.
* Counting, sorting, graphing, writing numbers for how many of each kind.
* Blind taste test and see if you can describe the candy you are given.
* Cook with it: Add the candy to your favorite recipies.
* Fill a pinata
* Donate it to a shelter/church/school
* Mix it: Make up your own kind of new candy by mixing several together
* Dissolve it in water and see what happens: works well with Jelly beans and M&M’s.
* Put it in the sun: see which one melts fastest.
* S’mores: Use the peeps and any chocolate candy with the graham crackers
* Gluing: Make a candy picture…you need glue and any kind of candy, sampling allowed.
* Measuring: How many candy bars fit into the bucket?
*Weighing: How many jelly beans does it take to weigh the same as 1 cadbury egg?
* Toss: Jelly bean toss into a bucket.
* Race: Blow M&M’s across the finish line with a straw.
* Character Making: use the candy to make your child’s favorite super hero, animal , etc.