5 Uses For Newspaper
Here is another item we all have around the house that you can use in some fun ways.
1. Hockey inside. Make a rink with books around the edges. Add a popsicle stick and then use the newspaper as the puck.
2. Grocery Ad: Make your own grocery ad by cutting items out of the ads and gluing them to a piece of paper. Add prices and name your store.
3. Pinata: Cut the newspaper into strips and then dip into your paper mache soluation. (Great one found here http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/best-papier-mache-recipe-708645/). Add it to a blown up balloon. Cover it well with the strips. Allow it to dry 2 days or so. Paint and pop the balloon! Fill with candy and enjoy.
4. Paper Boy: Give your child a small bag and have him or her role play being a paper boy.
5. Scavenger Hunt: This is a great way to encourage reading. Highlight sight words or have a word hunt.