Last Day of School Celebrations
I love traditions and making things special for my kids. This year to celebrate the last day of school, I have some ideas of how to celebrate the start of summer with them. Here are some ideas.
* Water balloon fight: With this I am opting to do a silly string fight instead for a couple of reasons. One is that my son hates being wet in his clothes, and the second is the weather has been pretty chilly. My husband and I will pick up our kids and attack them with silly string when we get home!
* Special breakfast/lunch/dinner: Homemade pretzels in the shape of their new grade, summer smoothies, favorite meal, picnic, fondue, etc.
* Make a T-shirt: It could be one for kids to sign at school, a shirt that says “First Grade here I come” or something fun that your child would enjoy.
* Banner: I am making a Pre-k and a K banner for my kids to run through, symbolizing they have completed that grade. I am doing this one, I am sure my son will love breaking through the paper.
* Scavenger Hunt: Have the kids search your neighborhood or just your house for last items. Last book you read, last pop in the fridge, etc.
* Something Fun: We are going to take our kids to the movie theater to see the new Kung Fu Panda movie since the weather is iffy. Here are some other ideas:
1. Backyard fun: volleyball, sandplay, relay races, etc.
2. Water: Squirt guns, balloons, sponges, etc.
3. Sundae: Build your own sundae, complete with lots of toppings!
4. Sleepover: The kids have been begging to sleep together so we will allow them to sleep together for the night!
* Don’t forget something special for the teachers on the last day.