Hoping that My Kids Inherit
I was having a conversation the other day with a good mom friend of mine and we were talking about how great it would be if we could choose the things our children inherit from us. We were talking good strong teeth and blue eyes, but it made me think even more about the woman I am and who I desire for them to become. I see myself as a work in progress, far from perfection, but striving to serve God in all I do and who I am daily. Here is a list of things I hope my kids take from my husband and myself.
1. Love Jesus- Passionately love Him. Do not just do for God, but truly be like Mary and be with Jesus, loving Him.
2. Hard Work: I have always had a good work ethic. I am not one of those naturally smart people, I had to work hard in school to get good grades and learn and much as I can. Same with sports or around the house. “Do everything as if you were working for the Lord and not for man.”
3. Prayer is Powerful: I cannot tell the many times I have said, “That’s the power of prayer.” God is at work, our prayers matter, and we need to pray without ceasing.
4. No regrets: Live life to the fullest, enjoy every minute, take the time to say what you feel and love hard. Do as much as you can for God so that someday He will say, “Well done good and faithful servant.”
5. Thankful Heart: It is easy to look at what you don’t have, instead of being thankful for all you do have. Gratitude. Fighting against the American mindset that we always need more.