5 Uses for Dried Beans
Beans are such a cheap item you can pick up at the store especially on sale! Here are some ideas for dried beans.
1. Bean Names: Write your child’s name on a large piece of heavy paper or cardboard. Have your child go over it with glue. Add beans for a festive wall hanging. (Can also do with numbers, sight words, etc.)
2. Sort: Get out a variety of beans and a muffin tin. Sort the beans into the tins.
3. Counters: Have your kids count out 5. 2 more. How many now? If you have 10 and I take 4 how many are left?
4. Shakers: Make some homemade instruments. Get an empty container and add beans, secure the lid with tape and enjoy the music!
5. Outside: Take them outside and add them to sand for a new way to play. Bury them in the mud, make grass, flower, and bean soup