Fun with Snow inside
Lately the temperatures have been so cold, we haven’t been outside much at all. Here are some ideas to do with snow when it is too cold to go out.
* Indoor snowball fight with white socks
* Snow sculpture contest. Who can make the biggest sculpture? Silliest? Most creative?
* Bring snow inside in a bowl and do some creative play. Have a cookie shop and use cookie cutters and sprinkles. Have a snowcone shop and put some flavoring (kool aid or tang work well) on it, sculpt the snow into some animals and pretend it is a zoo, add dolls or small cars to it for another fun adventure.
* See how long it takes the snow to melt in different places. One container next to a heating vent, one outside, and one on the kitchen counter.
* Measure it in a variety of tubs, which one holds the most/least snow?
* Have a relay race dressing up with layers of clothes. Who can put on the most and not fall over?
What are your favorite things to do with snow?