Family Fun Friday- Marbles
I look so forward to our family fun Fridays! My kids and I even sing a song about them we get so excited! Love it! So we are going to be doing some fun family games and activities involving marbles. Here are some things we will be up to.
* We are going to bake them in the oven at 500 for 20 minutes and then put them immediately into cold water to see them become cracked and very pretty!
* We are going to paint with marbles. Put a piece of paper the size of a shoe box flat into a shoe box. Then squirt a bit of paint onto the paper and roll the marble around in it!
* We will make a circle out of tape on the carpet and each put in 5 marbles. Then we will take turns being the shooter and trying to get the other people’s marbles out of the circle.
* We will also use an egg carton and try to roll the marble into the cracks. Each crack will be worth a certain amount of points. The player with the most points wins!
* We are going to reach into a bag to pull out a marble and depending on the color we will have to do certain things. Each color is assigned to a person in my family. So if you pull out a yellow marble, that is my color. I might have you sing the ABC song or run up and down the stairs 5 times!
* We will also do a marble roll tunnel. Make a tunnel out of cardboard and cut slots to allow the marble to roll through it. See who can get the most through the slots.
* We will also make a marble run out of cereal boxes and cardboard tubes!
* We will race our marbles down a cut up pool noodle!
Some of these ideas came from pinterest on a mom blog. Here is the link http://dillydallykids.ca/blog/marblegames/
Pictures coming soon!