Family Fun Friday- Popcorn
January 19th was national popcorn day, who knew? I LOVE popcorn! I am so thankful I have passed my love for this along to my kids. Tonight we will be doing many activities involving this yummy snack! Here is a look.
* We are going to make popcorn in a bag, saw it on pinterest and love the idea. Here is the link http://www.squawkfox.com/2010/07/27/popcorn-recipe-gourmet-popcorn/.
* We are going to use that popcorn to make a popcorn cake, another pinterest idea. Here is the link http://cookiesandcups.com/popcorn-cake/
* We are going to sample popcorn with different toppings. Carmel, butter, plain, salt, cheese, etc. (Shocker we prefer butter and salt!)
* We are going to be popcorn, think jumping and moving…getting lots of energy out!
* We will use a straw and race popcorn off the table by blowing them to the finish line.
* We will use it for art. I am planning on letting them self direct this one. I will put out string, paper, glue, glitter, etc, and let them make popcorn art.
* We will also make Kool Aid popcorn here is the link http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/kool-aid-popcorn/
* We will end with movie and popcorn! Yum!
What do you like to do with your family on the weekends?