Today my kids discovered water draining down the road by our driveway and we decided to turn it into a fun project. Here are some fun water ideas that we did.
* We brought out our water bottles and a bucket to refill them and slowly added more water to the stream to see how far it would go…they loved making it grow!
* We tried to float some of our bath toys in it but it wasn’t deep enough.
* We build dams out of different things to see which would hold the water the best. Some things we tried were sticks, leaves, and rocks.
*We studied it the next day to discover most of it was gone!
* Splashed it it, of course!
* We also made a big pond, as we called it, and measured the water.
* We raced the water we poured in the stream down the hill.
* We also made handprints by getting our hands wet and slapping them on the ground!
* Add food coloring and see the water turn colors.
It was a fun way to experience the good outdoors without too much exercise for my sweet daughter. I love the times when my kids are just creative and invent new games and ways to explore!